You could set up two pages, one for the tabbed view and one to view the single entry. Here’s how:
- Edit the page the directory is currently on. Look in the browser’s address bar and not the page id that WordPress has assigned the page.
- Create a new page. On this new page add only the Connections shortcode with the home_id shortcode option set to the page ID of the initial directory page.
- After you save the new page, Take note of its page ID.
- Edit the original page again and add the home_id shortcode option setting it to the new page.
- Ensure the new page does not display in your sites navigation.
Now, when an entry is clicked on your directory page, the links will resolve to the new second page displaying only that entry with no other content.
Hope that helps!