re: as of right now when we have enhanced categories installed and activated it breaks the list and nothing is visible.
It appears you have version 8.5.17 of Connections installed… this is almost a year out of date. Many, many feature enhancements and bug fixes have been implemented over the course of this past year. Enhanced Categories has not been tested against this version and may not be compatible. I suggest first updating Connections.
re: We were under the assumption enhanced categories would allow us to make a list and then when you click on an organization it would take you to a new page to show all members within that organization.
No, this is not what Enhanced categories adds… it add the following features to categories:
- Featured Images
- Category Breadcrumbs
- Display categories before the directory with the following options:
- The depth of number of category children (descendants) to display from the hierarchy.
- Whether or not to only display the category children when viewing a category.
- You can choose to display the category count (the number of entries assigned to a category).
- You can optionally choose to display or hide empty categories (categories which have no entries assigned to them).
- Display the categories as a featured image grid or a multiple column list.
- In templates which can display the categories assigned to the entry, such as the Default Entry Card and cMap, the categories can made to be links with the following options:
- Selectable display style. Choose between an inline list or a vertical list.
- Choose whether or not to display the category’s parents (ancestors).
Configurable category separator and parent category separator.
You can view a demo of Enhanced Categories with the cMap template on its demo page:
re: Can you please help us get this functionality
There is nothing available “out of the box” which links an individual entry to an organization entry. What you want can be done thru some “pseudo linking” (not sure what to call it) utilizing some custom code. I just implemented a very similar system for another user where if an individual had a matching (exact) org name (field) it would be displayed and visa versa. This custom code can be adapted to suit your requirements. If you are interested I do provide customization services. Please use the Contact link at the very button of the page for a quote.