At one point I did have Connections “clear” the page before displaying the entry detail however due to the popularity of visual page builders I had to remove that functionality because those page builders use shortcodes in the page content, so removing them meant removing the page structure.
Now, if you need a directory “intro” you can achieve this with a two page setup. Here’s how:
- Create a new page named “business”. On this page add this shortcode:
- Put no other content on this page.
- Save the page.
- Take note of the page ID assigned to the page by WordPress. You will find it in the URL of the browser’s address bar.
- On you existing directory page. add this to the existing shortcode,
xis the page id of the new “business” page you just created.
- Now, when links are clicked on the directory page, they will resolve to the new business page.
Hope this helps!