Very sorry to hear the update has caused your trouble! To fix follow these steps:
- Login to your site with FTP.
- Navigate to the
- Delete the
- Navigate to the WordPress Plugins admin page.
- Click the Add New button.
- Search for the Connections Business Directory plugin.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Click the Activate button/link.
You data is safe and will not be lost.
Again, apologies for the trouble!
ps. If you have altered any of the core plugin files, you should make a backup of those files before doing this process so you can restore them.
pss. This error was caused because the webhost is running a very old and unsupported version of PHP. A version I did not test against because it is no longer supported. When reinstalling, you will be installing a version with a tweak to make that line of code compatible with that old version of PHP so you will not see that error again. I very, very, highly recommend that you contact your webhost and ask them to upgrade your PHP. WordPress recommends at least version 5.6. because anything less may expose your site to security vulnerabilities.