I pulled down a copy of the plugin from wp.org, did a quick search and found these lines of code:
add_filter('set-screen-option', 'wpcf_table_set_option', 10, 3);
function wpcf_table_set_option($status, $option, $value)
Their filter has a bug. It should check for an
$option name, one of theirs before returning
$value. If it is not one of their
$option they should be returning
My guess is that their filter is running after the filter Connections set for its page options, basically corrupting the data. When saving the data, Connections could not properly deal with the “corrupted ” data because it was not getting the data in the expected format. That is what I fixed to make it more resilient.
Now, when the data is read, since it is “corrupt”, Connections already dealt with this by basically resetting the data to the default values if it did not receive the expected format. And, this, is what you are seeing.
There not really much I can do to fix this from my end. The devs for Toolset Types plugin should fix it. The only thing I could try is making my filter higher priority so it runs later (after) the Toolset Types plugin filter.
Hope that explains the issue without making it too technical or complicated sounding!
ps. I decided to increase the priority anyway, so that may help regardless if they fix the bug or not. I’ll include this in the next update.