re: If I use the “connections login form widget” doesn’t work, but if I add the shortcode to a text widget (as you suggested) works fine.
Yes, pretty much exactly as it says in the description “Alternatively, you could use the widget which will only be displayed on the single entry page when a user is not logged in.” The widget is designed to only be displayed on the profile page of the entry if the user is not logged in. The shortcode method should work fine.
re: Your login plugin hasn’t a logout option, isn’t ? If this option is
not possible I will try some other plugin. I have done a search but
now want to check which one works better for me. If you have some
suggestion will be welcome.
Correct, it does not show a logout link. That is how it is designed. The Connections Login widget is really only intended to be used in the few places described in the description. If you want a site login and not one limited to Connections, then a generic login is all you need. You could even use the widget built into WordPress. I think it is the “Meta” widget.
re: [connections_edit_link] is useful to add the “edit my entry” link to the sidebar, but not the “add my directory entry”. If I use the
http://19deac.mmb.cat/participantes/submit/ link in the sidebar, it
will work well or I will have the problem I had before (the new entry
was created but the user was not linked to the entry). I guess this
way It will work well now, but I’m not 100% sure. Could you confirm
Do not provide a link directly to the
/submit/ page. That will cause you trouble. You users should only use the link shown above the directory when adding their entry.
Now, all this said…
Looking at the login widget and taking your questions into consideration, I do feel it could use an update. Here’s what I’m thinking to add/change:
- Add the “View My Directory Entry” link if Link is installed and the user has not been linked to an entry.
- Add the “Edit My Entry” link if Link is installed and the user has been linked to an entry. If Form is installed, it’ll take them to the frontend editing rather than the admin profile edit entry page.
- Add a logout link when a user is logged in.
- If the user has an image or logo, show it as a thumbnail with their entry name which will link to their directory entry if the user has been linked.
- Remove the limitation to display only on the entry profile page.
- All the above be optional and configurable on the Widgets admin page.
Would all the above enhancements make it easier for you? And more importantly, function as you would have expected when using the widget?
Would you be willing to test these enhancements? If you are, can you provide a temp admin login? I’ll provide the installation and configuration support as a thank you for providing testing and feedback.