Ok… after quite a bit of looking … the best I can determine is something is removing the Connections query vars before the shortcode which uses them is run.
One thing I noticed early on…
I did notice a rather bad error “Medical Practice Opportunities” custom post type that was setup using the Post Types plugin. The
Custom Rewrite Slug defaults to the
Custom Post Type Name. Currently it is setup as
Medical Practice Opportunities. The
Custom Rewrite Slug value has the same restrictions as
Custom Post Type Name which is “The post type name. Used to retrieve custom post type content. Must be all in lower-case and without any spaces.” You should fix that. I suggest
Unfortunately fixing that will not solve this problem.
After some really deep digging what I found is something (plugin or theme) is breaking a core WordPress function;
get_query_var(). When called it always seems to return
NULL. This is bad because it’ll break plugins that rely on that function like Connections does. It is a function used by a lot of plugins so this could be breaking other things for you and you not even know it.
I installed the Code Snippet plugin and added a work around to get the character filtering working again, but this will not fix any other instance in Connections where
get_query_var() is used. For example the pagination in Connections/cMap. I was able to apply a partial fix but it still does not work the way it should. You can only navigate to the pages shown in the control.
With that said, it was not an update to cMap which broke it. It was likely an update to another plugin or theme which broke this function and it went unnoticed until cMap was updated.
I’m stumped as how the
get_query_var() could possibly be broken … if you give me FTP access, I’d like to download both the plugins folder and the theme’s folder and run a few searches on those files to see if I can find the culprit.