@ le gr
I’m going to assume that this is reference to the Tile template you recently purchased. Is that correct?
re: how do i make it a widjet so i can place in on my homepge and then it will redirect to the page?
Connections is designed to be used on a page, not in the sidebar as a widget. So I really do not advice using it that way … but with the Tile template is is probably doable. Here’s what you want to do:
- First, you going to need a plugin that enabled shortcodes within text
widgets. This plugin should do the trick quite well. Don’t
worried about the not tested in you WordPress message or anything, it
will work just fine.
- With that plugin installed and active you can
now use the
[connections]shortcode in a WordPress Text widget.
- Now create a new page, give it a name and add the
[connections]shortcode to it.
- Save the new page.
- Look in the browser address bar, you will see a page ID, take note of the ID as you will need it.
- Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and make sure the Directory Home Page option is set to your new page.
- Now you can add a widget to your sidebar.
- Add a new Text widget to the sidebar and use the following shortcode:
[connections force_home='true' template='tile']
- Save the widget.
Now it should show up in your theme’s sidebar and when you click the links it should go to the page set as the Directory Home Page.
re: how can i create a search form?
You need with the Widget Pack or Tile Plus. Seeing you just purchase Tile, I’ll be happy to exchange it for the difference in price. The this exchange would work is that you would first purchase Tile Plus and then I would refund the purchase of Tile. If you want to do this let me know.
re: i want to have a category filter above all the tile cards, how do i do that?
Since you want the category filter, you need to have the Tile Plus template.
re: also, how do i make the image be on the right side nd not on the left?
The only way you can do this is by editing the template. This is an advance option and would require that you know PHP. If you do, here’s a link on how to edit a template in an update safe way.
Hope that helps!