I’ve tried a few different variations on the name “Board of Directors” such as “Board”, “BoD”, etc… with the value “President”.
When I tried adding the field with a new entry I used the name “BoardofDirectors” and value “President”. This worked, and now “BoardofDirectors” is available in the dropdown as a name. However, even selecting this as the Name for a preexisting entry does not stick.
What I’m doing:
I go to a preexisting entry in Connections
Click on the persons name (or ‘edit’ under their name)
Scroll to the bottom
Select “BoardofDirectors” from the Custom Fields Name dropdown
Type “President” for the Value
Click the “Update Entry” button
I get returned to the entries list with the successful update message
Return to the entry to see if it changed
Scroll down and see there are no custom fields set; it only shows the new custom field form.