This actually is not a Connections/cMap issue. After a bit of trial and error I decided to add a new entry an limit the list to that new entry by adding
id='5' to the shortcode. Guess what, now the page rendered in English instead of Portuguese. If I switched it back, then the translation would be wrong. This tells me that Transposh does some sort of in page analysis to determine the language of the current page. It seems to determine the page is in Portuguese and switches the translation. At least that is my best guess based on observation. I apologize, but you’ll have to ask Transposh why this might happen as they know there code best.